Carpenter / Multi Trade Operative
Carpenter/ Multi Trade Operative - Hampshire - £32,240K
Your new company
This client is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,500 buildings across the East of Hampshire. The contract runs for 5 years with a possible extension for a further 5 years.
Building types include:
- Police Stations and Offices
- Fire Stations and offices
- Office buildings
- Vehicle Workshops
- Residential Homes and Nurse Care Units
- Historic Buildings
Your new role
We are seeking conscientious and enthusiastic trades persons with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. We are specifically looking for someone with a Carpentry trade background but with broad experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass a DBS Vetting check.
To maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of maintenance and repairs services ensuring a consistent and safe environment and balancing constantly changing priorities.
The most important elements relating to the work are:
- Diagnose and rectify faults within core and other trade related repair requests.
- To ensure that the quality of work meets the highest standards at all times.
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
- Keep the customer up to date with what is happening and is going to happen on their job.
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the Supervisor.
- Apply sensible Health & Safety in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
- Maintain tools, plant and equipment in a clean and workable condition.
- Maintain accurate records of works undertaken
- Ask your Supervisor/Contract Manager for assistance when required.
- Participate on the call out rota and to work out of hours to the requirements of the client
- Maintain your company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times and report any defects to the Fleet Manager in a timely manner.
TYPICAL REPAIR TYPES
- Repairs to internal and external walls
- Repairs to windows and glazing
- Joinery and carpentry repairs to fixtures and fittings
- Internal finishes and decorations
- Working in traditional and historic materials
The repairs will generally be of value £1 - £3,500 and will be small scale reactive work.
Examples would be:
- Replacement or repair of broken/faulty door ironmongery.
- Replacement of single and double doors, frames and locks.
- Repairs to kitchens and bathrooms
- Fencing repairs and replacements.
- Wall and floor tiling
- Making good after leaks etc.
- Patch plastering and plasterboard repairs
- Manhole cover replacement.
- Replacement or repairs to toilet pans, syphons, cisterns or seats
- Screed repairs
- Paving repairs (cold lay tarmac, block paving, paving slabs).
What you'll need to succeed
- A Carpentry qualification minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Must be able to show evidence of 2 other secondary skills
- Full clean current driving licence.
- A DBS check is required before commence of role
- PASMA trained
- CSCS Certificate
- Over 2 years trade experience, ideally in the commercial repairs sector.
What you'll get in return
Salary £32,240 per annum
Hours 40 per week
Holidays 23 days per year + 8 days PH Holiday Year: 1 May - 30 April
Life Insurance 2 x annual salary
Pension Contributions: Employee 3% Employer 2%
Company van No private use
Uniform Branded workwear and PPE
On Call Retainer £80 per week whilst on call plus minimum of 2 hours paid per call. On call currently in 6 but aiming for 1 in 12.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.