Materials Controller - Prestigious £400m M&E Main Contractor
Our client is an international, multi-disciplined projects company and we are currently seeking a Materials Controller to work in Coventry. This is an excellent opportunity to secure a position with our client as they continue their expansion across new sectors and global regions throughout Ireland, UK, Scandinavia and Continental Europe.
- Prepare, Monitor and update Material Tracking Schedule
- Closely work with Planning Engineer to ensure materials are available for the Construction work as per the plan.
- Planning with Procurement Department to minimise the inventory as agreed with Project Manager.
- Expedite with site procurement team for prompt delivery.
- Monitor the Stores function and store quality management process.
- Physical Inventory Control and verification on the usage of the material.
- Propose and dispose surplus/ scrap material at facility location as per Company procedures.
- Regularly update Quantity Surveyor by providing the material required to complete the assembly of prefabricated asset.
- Prepare Monthly Materials Reports and submit to the facility Manager and Procurement Manager.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field, 4 years in a similar position with a Construction Company.
- Adequate knowledge in Material Management, inventory and control.
- Computer Literate a must