BIM Manager - Industry Leading M&E Contractor
Our client are an internationally recognised mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering contractor. They have a well established presence in Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe, working with excellent clients across various sectors such as Datacentres, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Industrial and Commercial.
- Lead Project BIM coordinators.
- Liaising and coordinating with Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors.
- Working as part of a team.
- Working with the BIM Manager to develop the project program and BIM delivery strategy.
- Manage workload of project Revit Technicians.
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
- Implement the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
- Support the BIM Manager in the development of company BIM Standards throughout the business.
- Manage Master Revit MEP Model.
- Manage the production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Manage the production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- Regularly track and report project progress to the BIM Manager.
- Manage the close of completed projects with “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
- Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
- Level 7 degree in an Engineering discipline.
And / Or
- Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Lead BIM Coordinator Role, managing workload and tracking progress on projects.
- ‘Autodesk AutoCAD’. At least 4 years’ experience.
- ‘Autodesk Revit’. At least 4 years’ experience.
- ‘Autodesk Navisworks’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- Management experience desirable
- Proven ability / experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor.
- Proven ability / experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings.
- Proven ability / experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
- Proven ability / experience chairing coordination meetings.
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on 3 No. Projects in BIM valued at over £1m
- ‘Autodesk Fabrication MEP’.
- ‘Solibri Model Checker’
- Ability to delegate successfully: know when and who to delegate to, ensure deadlines are set and time is allowed for feedback before task completion
- Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly
- Lead and motivate the team
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Ambition to succeed and progress
- Passion for delivering results