BIM Coordinator - Leading M&E Contractor UK
Our client are seeking BIM Coordinators to join our M&E co-ordination team primarily office based producing a 3D coordinated M&E services model and subsequent 2D construction drawings.
- Liaising and coordinating with Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors.
- Working as part of a team.
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
- Comply with the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
- Comply with BIM and CAD Standards.
- Production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Provide input into weekly project reports including timesheets, percentages complete and narratives on work completed.
- The production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- The production of “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
- Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
- Level 7 degree in an Engineering discipline.
And / Or
- Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Minimum 3 years’ experience in BIM Coordinator Role, managing your own workload and tracking progress on projects.
- ‘Autodesk AutoCAD’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- ‘Autodesk Revit’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- ‘Autodesk Navisworks’. At least 2 years’ experience.
- Management experience desirable
- Proven ability / experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor.
- Proven ability / experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings.
- Proven ability / experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
- Proven ability / experience chairing coordination meetings.
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on 3 No. Projects in BIM valued at over £1m.
- An exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
- A positive, “can do” approach, determined to succeed.
- Rewards achievement.
- Generates a sense of energy and urgency.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Build trust and maintains excellent working relationships.
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development.
- Demanding of self and others.
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
- Sound, balanced judgement.
Beneficial but not essential software:
- ‘Autodesk Fabrication MEP’.
- ‘Solibri Model Checker’