Planning Consultant - Full time - Wimbledon, South West London
At the heart of fulfilling our ambitious expansion lies our dynamic Property Department, and we are looking for someone to assist us with securing planning consents for new Distribution Centres across the UK. Based at Head Office in Wimbledon, you will be assisting the team by running the full planning process to include submitting and managing planning applications through to securing consents.
What will you do?
- Assisting with the delivery of sites for new Distribution Centres across the UK and improvement projects to our existing warehouse portfolio
- Managing planning applications from submission to delivery of the planning permission
- Managing relationships with Planning Officers and Councillors; speaking at Planning Committees where required
- Undertaking planning due diligence on new sites
- Responsible for appointing and managing external consultants and architects to obtain the necessary planning reports and documents
- Monitoring project progress and checking quality standards are met at all times
- Ensuring compliance with our corporate specification and internal procedures
- Remedying any issues quickly and effectively with an aim to keeping projects moving and ensuring deadlines are not jeopardised
- Reporting on the progress of construction projects to the Senior team
- Opportunity to potentially be involved with the acquisition process.
- Assist with the management of the existing portfolio
- Budget management and controlling project costs
What will you need?
- Degree-level education in a relevant discipline (Planning or Real Estate)
- Strong knowledge of the planning process and practical experience of submitting and managing planning applications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- An excellent negotiator and communicator who can liaise professionally with people at all levels of the business and externally
- Experience with freehold acquisitions and experience dealing with Industrial & Logistics property (not essential)
- Highly organised with an analytical approach and high level of attention to detail.
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- A team player who is capable of performing tasks independently and on their own initiative
What do we offer?
- £28,420 - £63,008 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- Fully expensed company car including private millage
- 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance