Business Development - Real Estate
Capita Symonds Regions division seeks a committed and driven Business Development professional to join the thriving Southampton partnership.
Focusing on the Corporate Real Estate market, your client portfolio will include commercial occupiers, investors and developers. As an experienced Business Development consultant or manager, it is expected that you will be accustomed to meeting and exceeding sales targets and be confident that you have the contacts and industry knowledge to succeed.
The role will naturally be varied but will certainly include:
- Developing strong and sustainable relationships that can help feed an ongoing pipeline of work.
- Engaging with business-led organisations across the Southampton, Hampshire and the wider Region in order to maximise Capita Symonds' profile and presence within the Region.
- Business development of both new and existing client bases in order to secure delivery of the 'Unidentified Work' element for the Southampton Building Desing Consultancy Team.
- Opening doors with new clients, on a multi discipline basis.
- Engaging with managers to ensure expertise, knowledge and new services are promoted to all existing clients.
- Input to future Business Development Plans/Sales Action Plans - This will specifically include the identification of appropriate market/business development sectors, along with the development of strategies for delivery of target revenues within each of these sectors.
- Interface with project delivery teams to ensure smooth transition/handover from initially 'Winning Work' to 'Project Delivery'.
- Technical support to Bid and Project Delivery teams.
- Attendance and feedback/input to monthly Business Development meetings and, where necessary, monthly Management meetings etc.
- Providing timely supporting information to the Business Director to support the business targets, update reports, board papers and other information required.
- Work with the wider Regions Business Development team
- Able to work dynamically and adapt to differing market needs and opportunities
- Capable and experienced - Including extensive experience of working at senior level within the private and public sector markets of the construction industry, preferably as part of a medium to large consultancy practice.
- Proven track record performing a similar role.
- Able to look at the bigger picture.
- Open and collaborative working style.
To find out more about this exciting role and about our current and past projects, please see the Capita Symonds website or call Vicky Thorburn in the Capita Symonds recruitment team on 0845 607 5185 for a confidential discussion.