Electrical Estimator - Nottingham - £30k-45k + Car - Small Building Services contractor
Your new company
A small family run electrical services contractor working across an array of sectors including student accommodation, schools/universities, office blocks and healthcare. They have had substantial growth in the past 2 years which has helped see their turnover double in that time and already have a number of large projects secured for next year which sees them continue to grow.
As part of continuing growth they have an immediate requirement for an electrical design estimator to join their team working out of their Nottingham based office.
Your new role
The role will be balanced between project design and estimating. You will produce electrical schemes for pricing purposes and issue full tender documentation/quotes on deadlines, attend tender interviews when necessary and take overall responsibility and control of the tender process.
During the design process we would expect the successful candidate to produce bill of materials to enable the procurement process to commence and during the project answer any technical queries the site team may have during the installations process, issue all O&M documentation for handover of the project. The successful candidate would be based in our office but will be expected to travel to sites from time to time to carry out site surveys.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience estimating/designing for electrical projects
- ONC/HNC electrical and electronic engineering
- Experience on electrical installation projects
- Ambition to move into an office based role
- 17th Edition electrician
- 2391 Inspection & testing (essential)
- Experience using AutoCAD/Amtech/Estimation software (desirable but not essential)
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
What you'll get in return
- £30,000 - 45,000 annual salary
- Car/Car allowance
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.