Field Engineer - Electric - HV &LV - LMCP
The Field Engineer (FE) Reports to the Gatwick Airport (GAL) Senior Field Engineer (SFE) or Senior Project Manager and is responsible for the monitoring of construction and related activities within an assigned area of responsibility, which may be a single area, multi-area or a multi-discipline construction project. May coordinate with the client representatives on site activities within assigned area of operations and shall be responsible to ensure assigned site operations are conducted in a safe manner, in compliance with design/specifications to GAL quality expectations and completed on schedule.
- Ensures that their project team and respective contractors work within Gatwick's Destination Zero program.
- Provides input to the project programme on technical activities. Reviews contractor Construction, Design & Management (CDM), Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) submittals (including construction phase plans, risk assessments, method statements and work permits) and monitors compliance against accepted plans - takes immediate action if work poses threat to personnel, equipment, property, etc.
- Attends regular safety tours on their projects to identify any issues to be addressed and follow up to ensure the issues are closed out.
- Conducts regular safety surveillance inspections on their projects.
- Reviews Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) with regard to the frequency and type (ie. Hold or Witness point) of inspections for each stage in an ITP.
- Assists in providing responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Non Conformance Reports (NCR) and Field Change Documents as required, and shall make sure that quality issues (defects) are raised through the correct processes and closed out in a timely manner.
- Prepares regular Construction Reports to document the status of the contractor's works on their associated projects.
- Produces engineering solutions/field sketches to resolve site based queries, in conjunction with the Project Engineer - and elevates issues requiring designer input to the Project Engineer(s).
Qualifications and experience
- Good understanding of Health Safety & Environmental issue associated with the Construction industry.
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification and/or membership with a recognised professional organisation. (Prior experience may be suitable replacement in lieu of HND qualification and/or membership with a recognised professional organisation).
- Good understanding of construction techniques & constructability issues.
- Good experience in the testing, commissioning and handover, Airport Operational Readiness (AOR) of Airport Facilities is desired.
- Possess good knowledge in NEC Contracts and be capable of negotiating contract change order requests or claims.
- Good working knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is a requirement as well as being a competent user of planning software such as Microsoft Project.