Snr Mech Engineer - Design & Project engineer
Interim Mechanical / Utilities/Building services engineer with excellent rates available
Your new company
A specialist engineering multi-disciplinary consultancy with project management arm is looking to recruit a senior mechanical utilities engineer with both design and project management experience. They are specialists in industrial, pharmaceutical, food manufacturing environments.
Your new role
As a Senior Utilities Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a consultative service and overseeing the implementation of innovative plant utility engineering projects
- Ensure each project is implemented and delivered from initial conception through to installation, commissioning and final handover
- Specify and procure relevant process equipment required
- Deliver on agreed project objectives within budget and to a set deadline
- Process design experience e.g. P&ID's, utilisation calculations, mass & energy balances, pressure drop calcs, HAZOP
- Supervise the development of detailed layouts and mechanical design from block flow diagrams and P&ID's generated by the process team
- Manage the procurement process, produce specifications, project profitability as well as controlling expenditure and deadlines
- Contribute to and work to quality assurance systems and design procedures
- Ensure quality assurance and project compliance with current industry best practice and legal requirements including CDM Regulations
- Assist in the development of the process/project team, including the mentoring of graduate Engineers
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline (mechanical or chemical engineering), although candidates with HNC or above together with relevant experience will also be considered
- Chartered status would be a distinct advantage, or working towards
- Ideally, you will have experience from within the brewing/food/drink/pharmaceutical, effluent treatment, renewable technologies or energy efficient systems
- Experience of HVAC, steam, compressed air, refrigeration as well as other utilities
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills required
- Flexibility to travel internationally, as and when required
- Driving Licence & car owner (essential )
What you'll get in return
There is a competitive and flexible day rate available for this assignment. You will have a varied role with elements of both design and project management. The projects are large scale and complex. Free parking on site. Just off the Motorway so very easily accessible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.