Assistant Mechanical Estimator
Assistant Mechanical Estimator for the leading M&E Contractor in Hampshire.
I am looking to recruit an Assistant Mechanical Estimator for the leading M&E Contractor in Hampshire. The successful applicant should have a minimum of 2 years' experience and trade qualifications representative of a Mechanical Estimator.
You should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of Mechanical estimating within the range of £50,000 to £500k. You will be working under guidance of a senior estimator, but be able to work under your own initiative from receipt of initial estimate, mid tender queries to completion.
Knowledge of an estimating package would be advantageous, but not essential, MS Project and a good working knowledge of Excel and Word would be an advantage You will carry out the following tasks:
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Meeting with Client and Consultants
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Measuring and take offs for materials and labour
- Working knowledge of SEC Cypher, Estimating package or similar
- Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between one and three weeks
- Able to tender between one and three projects at any time period
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Produce Value Engineering solutions
- Understand and scrutinise Sub-Contractor quotations
- BTEC ONC - Mechanical Engineering
- City & Guilds Level 3, 17th Edition IEE Regulations
The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects. You will have held a similar Estimating position with an M&E Contractor.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.