FM Manager (Hard & Soft Services) Kent
Workplace Solutions are recruiting for a Facilities Manager to be based in Bexleyheath, Kent. This is a permanent, full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00. On offer is a competitive salary of £38,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on skills and experience General Overview: Responsible for all activities and services within the property. .
- Directing and planning the work of contractors and in-house teams to deliver essential core services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, waste disposal and catering; using best allocation of team resources.
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Investigating availability and suitability of service delivery options by calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Liaising with the EDF (WPS managed) helpdesk and other members of the wider account to ensure priorities are met.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise, including the investigation of all incidents arising on site.
- Any other duties that may be required and which are considered by the line manager to be consistent with the grade and the general responsibilities of the post and in line with the job profile.
- A pragmatic yet commercial approach is required to ensure excellent customer service levels are maintained at all times with the Facilities Manager recognising when an item is out with their ability to influence and engages with the appropriate party to ensure a swift resolution.
Attributes: Customer Service - Create the environment to allow the provision of services to the highest achievable standard. Use innovation and best practice to improve the service delivery and customer satisfaction. Establish and maintain excellent occupancy relationships through co-ordinated personal contact with the customer, on-site staff, and their management. Risk Management - Employ knowledge of Risk management principles to mitigate financial, commercial political and asset risks to the business.
Cost control and financial management - FM will operate within a commercial environment and be responsible for cost control and building budgets. Ensure contract compliance 'and best value for money' through the identification of areas of non-conformance. Awareness of all commercial requirements within portfolio to ensure contract specific details are implemented and complied with. Minimise unnecessary extra contract costs, monitor charged items for value for money.
Building and Asset Management - Contribute to the formulation of a robust and accurate single building plan to include the managing of landlords and managing agents as well as CAPEX and PPM. To manage minor project works through to handover. Continuous improvement of Service Delivery - Overall service delivery management of a property portfolio, monitoring and proactively identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement. Conduct regular formal monitoring of quality standards and identifying areas of poor performance for resolution. Ensure WPS operating procedures are adhered to and quality procedures are followed. Active involvement in the management of the portfolio through proactive identification of areas of service failure and proactive problem solving. Adopting and implementing best practice. Health and safety - Ensure a safe working environment for all the users of the premises, and offer and provide sound and proficient advice in Health and safety matters in accordance with contractual requirements, in line with qualified competencies.
To also include DSE assessment, asbestos and fire and bomb threat management. Provide both proactive and reactive advice and have awareness of all sustainability, energy & environmental, statutory and legislative obligations to minimise risk.
Compliance - Overall management of policies and procedures, staff and contractor inductions. To engage with the helpdesk in resolving building related issues within a timely manner offering solutions and recommendations.
Accountability for self and client audits and improvement plans for continued improvements. Team working - Experience in managing and leading a service delivery team focussed on quality management. Managing contracts and contractors
- Significant experience in the FM Sector, service provider side, including supervising soft and hard service delivery teams.
- Professional, presentable, flexible, approachable, efficient, self-motivated, able to motivate others.
- Excellent MS Office IT skills, knowledge of Coupa and SAP an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- A natural customer service delivery attitude to deliver a 5- star hotel style service.
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve issues.
- Operational planning skills.
- Contract knowledge and standards to provide advice, help and support to colleagues in relation to commercial or financial issues and the ability to read and understand contractual obligations.
- Clear understanding of the risk assessments process and inspection process for buildings (i.e. workplace assessment, fire, life, safety systems) to support the regional FM team.
- Ability to manage minor projects and works as required.
- IOSH including actual experience or recognised qualification associated with health and safety, NEBOSH is desirable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.