Strategic Facilities Manager
Strategic Facilities Manager
Salary Guide: Up to c. £46,000 + Contributory Pension + Flexible Working + Other Generous Benefits
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, the overall purpose of the role is to assist and advise the Head of Facilities Management, the Assistant Director along with other colleagues in the Management Team in devising and contributing to related corporate policies, strategies, investment programmes and business plans.
The duties and responsibilities will involve:-
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the corporate landlord model
throughout the Organisation's Portfolio, providing a high quality customer focussed service in addition to providing efficiency.
- Manage the Organisation's (PFI) Contract.
Main accountabilities will include:-
- Leading on the continue development of Working Smarter, providing modern, fully
integrated workplace to support the Organisation's business.
- Taking a lead role in the development and implementation of the Corporate Landlord
Model throughout the Organisation's property portfolio.
- Leading the engagement with partners and services in order to provide property input into the development of the Assets Management Strategy including consideration of opportunities for redevelopment and rationalisation.
Assisting the Head of Services and the Assistant Director in developing and reviewing the Organisation's Asset Management Strategy and supporting plans i.e: -
- Corporate Accommodation Plan
- Locality Hubs Strategy
- Quadrant Accommodation Plan
- Lead on the procurement and management of contracts and framework agreements. This will include establishing the best route to market, the preparation of specification and contract documentation, tendering and contract management of specific contracts and framework agreements.
- Act as the PFI contract Manager, including all financial aspects of the contract. Ensuring the agreement is managed in line with the contract, responsible for all monitoring, analysis and reporting on the contract and provision of advice on all technical aspects of the PFI contract.
Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from the Line Manager or whenever specialist advice is required.
To undertake any other responsibilities that fall within the scope of the postholder and to assist with any reasonable duties at the request of the Line Manager.
Key Decision Making :-
Key decisions and priorities regarding the management of the PFI contract and developing a strategic approach to the use and management of the Organisation's buildings and the services provided within them including significant contractor management.
1. Directors and Senior Managers from all Departments within the Organisation.
2. Senior Contacts within the Organisation's portfolio.
3. External Contractors.
4. Partners from the Public, Private, Independent and Voluntary Sectors.
5. Residents, businesses and clients of the Organisation.
The successful candidate will have 1 direct line report and the Net Revenue (PFI) Budget is c £5m per annum.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:-
Educated to Degree Level in a relevant subject.
Certified Member of British Institute of Facilities Management Project Management e.g.
Management of a PFI contract.
Dealing with a variety of property and facilities issues including the briefing, commissioning and monitoring of consultants.
Assessing the technical, financial and other competencies of contractors and consultants.
Preparing management reports.
Worked in a 'Corporate Landlord' environment.
Ability to maintain financial information, ensuring compliance, monitoring and evaluation.
Detailed knowledge of financial, legal and planning processes/regulations in relation to facilities management.
Detailed, practical knowledge of managing FM Contracts.
Ensuring that a strong understanding of the political, commercial and economic context within which the Organisation's asset management activity is undertaken.
Experience of working within local government.
Good understanding of Computer Aided Facilities Management.
Able to demonstrate proficiency in facilities
Abilities & Behaviours
Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of managing property in the public sector.
Able to relate policies and strategies to the Organisation's business needs.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High level of competence to understand and communicate on complex issues.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.