MEP Consultant - Full time - Wimbledon, South West London
At an exciting time of development and expansion for the company, our Store Construction department is at the forefront of ensuring the infrastructure is in place to facilitate our ambitious plans. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hard-working MEP Consultant to join our Design Team. You will oversee MEP specification design development, national rollouts, supplier management; All with a big focus on quality.
What will you do?
- Be part of the design team responsible for creating the UK Corporate Building Specifications, liaising with our external Design Consultants.
- Overseeing the external Quality Consultants, ensuring works and audits are completed in line with company procedures
- Managing assigned project plans and deadlines
- Providing technical assistance to the regional offices
- Monitoring project progress
- Managing relationships with external contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety performance on all construction sites
- Remedying any issues quickly and effectively with an aim to keeping projects moving and ensuring deadlines are not jeopardised
- Reporting on the progress of construction projects to the senior team
What will you need?
- Degree-level education in Building Services Engineering or Construction
- Relevant practical Building Services experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound commercial acumen
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Equal comfort working within a team and on your own
- German speaking is advantageous but not essential
What do we offer?
- Starting from £40,000 with the ability to earn up to £50,750 (*dependent on experience)
- 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects