Senior Mechanical Estimator required to join one of the UK's leading M&E Contractors
An excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading M&E Contractors based in Northampton Mechanical Estimator / Senior Mechanical Estimator to enable further growth of our highly successful team. You will be responsible for the production of detailed tender bids, cost plans, attending mid and post tender meetings and post tender control.
You will have the opportunity to work on some high prestigious multimillion pound developments in a wide range of sectors, including Education, Commercial, Health, Pharmaceutical and Industrial projects. This is a permanent position with excellent career prospects.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8-12 years' experience from a Contracting background.
- Formal qualifications are not necessary, although an HNC/HND or similar in a building services related qualification would be considered an advantage.
- A proven track record in a similar position is however considered essential. * Pro-active and approachable, lead by example.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of all aspects of mechanical building services. * Thorough and efficient.
- Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge.
- Understanding of associated electrical services.
- Commercial acumen to ensure tenders are financially sound. * Flexible in approach to deadlines. * Computer literate with experience of "Estimation" software.
- Issuing/updating tender documents via an electronic control system.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team with personal skills to promote good relationships and a friendly working environment.
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with company QA policies. * Working in an integrated M&E team.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary.
- Car allowance.
- 25 days holiday (+ 8 days public holidays).
- Profit related pay scheme.
- Private Health Care.
- Life insurance.
- Pension Scheme with 5.5% Employer contribution.
- An excellent working environment, opportunities for career progression and further technical and personal development.
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097
Apply for Mechanical Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly